I hope you enjoy reading this content!

Looking to play college sports or have a question?

Get in touch

Can I work in America while I study here?

If you want to study and work in the United States, there are various options depending on the type of visa you have.

With an F1 student visa, which is required for full bachelor's or master's degree programs, you are allowed to work, but there are restrictions. During your first year of study, you can only work on the campus of your university, such as in a cafeteria, library, or as a research assistant. After the first year, you may also work off-campus, but this is still limited and requires approval from the school and meeting certain conditions.

With a J1 exchange visa, often used for internships and traineeships, there are also opportunities to work, but this requires permission from the university and is often limited to work related to your studies.

It's important to know that with both visas, you are allowed to work a maximum of 20 hours per week during the study period and full-time during holidays.

It is advisable to inform yourself well about the specific rules and conditions that apply to your situation and visa type. If in doubt, always contact an International Student Advisor or the educational institution in America where you will be studying for advice and guidance.

For more information on working in America as an international student, you can visit websites such as US Visa Help.

follow us on instagram